June 6, 2011

11 Days & counting...

Howdy family! Can you believe we are getting down to single digit days until this round up starts! Hope y'all are getting your packing lists together and travel itineraries. We're working hard at getting our home spiffy for y'all. :) So I just spoke to the event coordinator at the famous Salt Lick Bar-B-Que in Driftwood to make a reservation for our group of 26 on Sunday, June 19th - Father's Day! I was able to get us a reservation (they are not booked up yet on reservations, but I imagine they will be for Father's Day) at 7:15pm. I figured we'll probably do a day excursion to a swimming hole so this will give us enough time to come home, shower and get ready before heading out there. It's about 20-25 minutes from our home. The coordinator did inform me that all group reservations must order the all-you-can-eat Family Style meal. It's a bit pricey for adults, $19.95 but it is all-you-can-eat and their brisket, sausage and ribs are yummy! So I need a response from all of you (please email me YAY or NAY). She said if we rather just order off of the regular menu, meat by the pound and whatever sides then we cannot keep the reservation and would have to put our names on the waiting list once we arrived. So what should be do?! It is a special occasion, Father's Day, should we splurge and just do the Family Style? Click on the image above to enlarge so you can read what you get for the family style price and to see the children's pricing ($6.95 11 and under, 3 and under free). Please let me know your answer asap.

I also got in touch with the group coordinator at the Magik Theater in San Antonio - unfortunately they are sold out of tickets for the play we want to see. Bummer too cause we could've gotten them at group rate $4.25 per person. They have it booked for 547 persons already. But she did tell me to call back as the date gets closer. Maybe it is schools that have these tickets booked but not all they reserved will attend. So I will call back again. Either way we can still see the Alamo and the Riverwalk in San Antonio.


Lastly the SUP (Stand Up Paddle) board guys finally contacted me back. He said the free lessons they offer at their meetup group are only 10-15 minutes lessons but they can't accomodate a group our size. He did offer our large group private lessons with 2 instructors and board rentals for $25 per person. I thought that was kind of steep. I asked a friend on Facebook who does SUP if it was easy to learn and do. This was his response:

"Melissa, super easy. If you have an ounce of balance, have ever skated or snowboarded, you can SUP. I'd say do it!"

So if y'all want to try this we could just do the rentals and try it on our own. I bet all the nephews would easily pick it up - and us adults could probably "get it" too. :) Here is the pricing on just renting the boards:

You can get a 2 hour rental for:
1 rental for $10, or 5 rentals for $45, or 10 rentals for $80.

Remember don't forget EMAIL me back with your answers and feedback. Thanks!



No comments: