May 29, 2011

19 days and counting!

Can you believe it, it will be here before you know it! Thanks for the responses back on the master reunion calendar I made. I just emailed a contact at SUP ATX (Stand Up Paddle Austin Texas) to inquire about their free lessons they offer on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings. I will let you know once I hear back from them if they can accommodate a group our size. Would be nice to get FREE lessons! So hopefully we'll either be doing this Father's Day Sunday morning, or the evening of Wednesday, June 22nd.

I also just left a message with the Magik Theater in San Antonio for our San Antonio Day on June 23rd. Madeline had a school fieldtrip here and I chaperoened her class. The play they put on was so entertaining (for kids and adults) and great for the kids! The actors will be performing a play on the children's book "Pinkalicious" (click on the title to read more) while y'all are visiting. So I inquired about a group rate. Hopefully we can get tickets for around $4 each. I will let you know once I hear back from them. This theater is only a few blocks away from the Alamo and the famous Riverwalk which we have planned to visit. The play usually lasts under an hour.

Yesterday we took the kids to check out the Barton Springs pool/swimming hole near downtown Austin. It's been a few years since we've been and wanted to see if the water levels were still good and if it would be a good spot to go while y'all were out here. It only costs $3 per adult, $2 per senior or kids 12-17, and only $1 per kid 12 and under. 

The water was great and refreshing. So this could be a spot we visit if you're all interested. Check my blog posts out on our trips to this location here on our family blog.

Again, please let me know if any of your are opposed to anything on the calendar or have any other suggestions!

No comments: