May 4, 2011

6 weeks Y'ALL!!!


Can you believe it, our family reunion is just around the corner! I'm working on our itinerary and thought I better make some reservations for some outings. First on the list, the Congress Bridge Bats bat watching cruise. I called and as of right now the week nights are still open the days y'all will be here. So I chose for us to go on Monday, June 20th. The Capital Cruise rep told me they seat up to 36 people on each of their 2 pontoon boats. So our group of 25 would take up almost one boat. So it's important we all book our reservation now. So I urge all of you to go to the Capital Cruise website at within the next week: http://www.capitalcruises.com/bat-watching/rates-and-times/ and click "to book a bat cruise". The first window you will come to will look like above. Make sure you fill yours out like ours with the correct Preference "Bat Tour", Date "2011-06-20", and Time "8pm Bat Watching Excursion". Please let me know if you have any questions. It's going to be so much fun!

I also just found out from the Austin Stand Up Paddle meetup group that they offer free lessons every Sunday. So I thought this may be something we could do Sunday, June 19th. I contacted the group organizer to see if they could accommodate a group our size.

I have us down for tubing San Marcos river (day excursion) and Thunderhill Raceway (night excursion) for Saturday, June 18th. No reservations necessary. But I've set aside coupons for raceway tickets.

I'm thinking if there is a majority that wants to go, a day excursion to Schlitterbahn can be that Tuesday or Wednesday. I've found a coupon for $2 off. Now I got to thinking maybe this should be an excursion for any adults that want to go and the older kids, since it is quite pricey. I mean don't get me wrong Madeline and James enjoyed their lazy river and kiddie pools when we went a few years ago but for $33 per kid - they'd have just as much fun at our neighborhood pool which has a beach walk-in kiddie pool. I was thinking I and any other ladies that want to stay with me could stay back with Madeline, Ella, James, Eden and Chloe - and let the guys wrangle all the big kid boys on all the waterslides at Schlitterbahn. We could even take the young kiddos to the Children's Museum near the Waterpark as an alternative for the young ones and then take them to our neighborhood pool after. What do y'all think? I need your feedback, so leave a comment.

And I'll keep working away at our itinerary. :)
While I'm thinking about it now, may be best for everyone to pack a pool towel because I won't have enough for everyone!

1 comment:

dad said...

I don't have kiddos but I'm in for Schlitterbaun