March 29, 2011

Getting closer to June!

Hi y'all! Can't believe it's April the end of this week! Time is going by fast! And our reunion will be here before you know it! Getting flight itineraries, so excited for y'all to arrive.

Thought I'd start coming up with a tentative itinerary.

Friday June 17th
Reunion STARTS! Mom and Dad (Evey and Mick) will arrive earlier this week. Mike's crew touches down in Austin @ 1:48pm in the afternoon. Bryce's crew arrives late this evening after midnight (BD email me your flight itinerary). Mark & Laura, when do you road trippers plan on arriving? Anyone else arriving today? Since this will be a travel day for most, I think it would probably be best if we just let everyone get situated, bbq at home and maybe take the kids for a nice relaxing dip in our neighborhood pool.

Saturday June 18th
This is the only day that the Thunderhill Raceway has an event. Grandstand gates open at 4pm but the main events don't start until 6pm usually. So we can attend this that evening but still have time to go on an outing that day.
The Raceway is super close to our house, so I thought maybe we should keep the day outing close too. I was thinking either tubing on the San Marcos river or swimming at the Blue Hole in Wimberley. Either way we'll have to do something near water because all you non-Texans will be a little shocked by our lovely summer heat and humidity (insert Dracula laugh LOL). So maybe we'll take a vote?

That's all I've thought of so far for a tentative itinerary. I thought doing some of the real touristy stuff like visiting the Alamo and San Antonio Riverwalk or going to Schliterbahn we would do during the week days when it's less busier. I'll also call the Bat Watching Boat tours and see which evening our large group can get a reservation. I've also thought of a few more outings, I'll be posting about those soon so check back on this blog soon!

1 comment:

grampa spence said...

Tubing the San Marcos is good for me but either is ok with me.